The students even in Covid pendemic time with guidance from our sports teacher has taken parts online on States and National level Games. They have won 03 Gold and 05 Silver at State level and 09 Gold, 03 Silver and 05 Bronze medals at National Level in different virtual games like Rope Skipping, Cricket, Basketball, Boochee, Table Tennis, Dance Sports etc.
All our children were contacted by regular interaction on phone, home visit when allowed during Covid and online classes & sports during Covid.
Our management with other NGO's distributed 300 food packets every day for 52 days in 2020 Lockdown during Covid to the needy in the city. Ration was also given to needy parents of children of our school. Wheel chairs, Walkers & ADL kit were given to children at home.
The following steps were taken by our institution for the benefit of children special teachers during Covid time.
- The school was closed for most of the time as per govt. guidelines for special schools. However, the Management, Principal & teachers carried out their duties online.
- The students were regularly connected on phone enquiring with parents about students’ well-being.
- The parents were requested to get the children to do tasks that were being done at school and connected online for guidance. Guided parents and suggested solutions to behavioural problems of their children and engaged them on vocations.
- Online coaching, Vocational guidance & sports training was regularly done by our teachers of all students with association of parents.
- The parents of children facing economic difficulties during Covid Lockdown were provided food packets and ration packets regularly.
- The Govt. was requested to vaccinate our children at our school itself. A special Govt. order was issued to this effect & vaccinations were done at the school for 110 children and staff for 18-44 age groups.